So, here are a few steps in taking care of your skin:
- Choose a facial cleanser. Make sure that it's actually a facial cleanser and not a body wash or a soap made for the body. There is a difference. The skin on our face is much more delicate than the skin on our body. Therefore,we should be treating it with a product that's specific for the face.
- Choose an acne treatment. After you finish cleaning your face it's important to use an acne treatment if you have blemishes or severe acne. For some, this is a daily (sometimes twice daily) routine. However, it is imperative especially if you want that flawless complexion that gets the attention you want.
- Do I need a toner? Well, it all depends on your skincare system. Are you using a cleanser with an acne treatment mask? Then, yes. The toner will help freshen your face before you apply the moisturizer. Certain types of cleansers also help enrich the texture of your skin so a toner is an added benefit and continues to freshen and rejuvinate the skin before that mosturizer is applied. However, some facial cleansers have multiple features such as a cleanser that tones and exfoliates, thus removing the need for an extra toner and exfoliating mask.
- Choose a moisturizer. It doesn't matter whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin. Just make sure that the moisturizer you use is specific to your skin type. Choosing the wrong moisturizer (as well as the wrong cleanser) could actually change the balance in your skin and cause another reaction that you may not like. So, do your research and choose the one that's right for you. Moisturizer also helps your foundation apply smoothly, which brings me to my final step.
- Choose the right foundation shade. I always tell my clients that if they wear no other piece of makeup that they should definitely invest in a good foundation. Foundation helps give a smooth, clean appearance to your face. It also helps protect your skin from the dangerous particles looming around you waiting to infest your skin with their bacteria! It's true! Just think about it. On a nice spring day, you usually see a greenish tint on your car from the pollen. You may not have seen it fall yet it's still there. Putting foundation on is like the wax that you put on a car that just gives it that extra sparkle your car needs to make it seem brand new again. Be brand new everyday. Wear foundation!
Alright my fabulous ones....stay beautiful.